Montserrat Mountain Tour with Round-trip Transportation from Barcelona
Montserrat Mountain Tour with Round-trip Transportation from Barcelona – City Wonders
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona as you explore the mysterious Montserrat on this early-morning tour. With comfortable round-trip transportation from Barcelona, via private air-conditioned bus, beat the crowds and discover Montserrat monastery and its rugged surroundings before the throngs of other tourists arrive.
- Durning the journey our expert, English-speaking guide will enthrall you with fascinating insight around the myths and mysteries that occurred on this jagged mound. On arrival, depending on the option selected, enjoy our skip-the-line tickets to the Benedictine monastery and the world-famous Black Madonna statue, which also include a liquor and pastry tasting too!
- Immerse yourself in Catalan culture and history and explore Montserrat at your own pace during your free time. Marvel at this spectacular mountain and discover sacred sites, how you spend your time is up to you; hop aboard a cable car, walk through the forest, sample some local liqueurs or visit the museum of contemporary art.
- Choose to book the transfer-only option and join us on the journey from Barcelona to Montserrat, traveling in comfort and style. Enjoy free time in this scenic location, choosing exactly how to explore this marvellous site, until it’s time for everyone to meet up again and head back to Barcelona.
- Return transportation in air-conditioned bus from Barcelona to Montserrat
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Benedict Monastery (if “ticket” option is selected)
- Local liquor and pastry tasting (if “ticket” option is selected)
- Montserrat Monastery & Black Madonna (if “ticket” option is selected)
Thousands of 5-Star Reviews
Know Before You Go
Plaça d’Espanya – Open in Google Maps
This tour is subject to a 24-hour cancelation policy. If you wish to cancel or amend your booking, you can do so without charge by contacting us up to 24 hours in advance of your expected departure time.
How do I amend my booking?
To amend your booking, please contact our Customer Care team by phone, chat or email us at bookings.changes@citywonders. com. If you have booked your tour through a third party distributor, please contact them directly to amend your booking.
I would like to add another person to my booking
We are happy to assist with this request – availability permitting. Please contact our Customer Care Team who can check availability on the tour and take payment for the additional booking, as payment details are not saved in our system for security reasons.
Where do I meet with my tour and guide?
The meeting point differs from tour to tour. Upon booking you will receive a confirmation voucher containing your tour details and some important information. There, you will find the meeting point details along with some images, tips, links to Google Maps and GPS coordinates.
All our meeting points are located close to metro stations and are easy to access. Our Customer Care Team is also happy to provide guidance and help with locating your tour meeting point.
- Instant Confirmation
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
You Might Also Like…
Get to Know City Wonders
A City Wonders tour is the product of meticulous research, detailed planning, and a passion for providing customers with travel experiences they will cherish forever.
With City Wonders it’s not just facts, our passionate guides tell you the stories that bring the sights to life.
- All of our guides are experts in their field
- We only hire fluent English-speakers so nothing is ever lost in translation
- We focus on the little details and anecdotes that make City Wonders so special
Recommended Barcelona Posts
View all Blog Posts
Best Day Trips to Montserrat from Barcelona
Montserrat is a unique mountain range located just an hour’s drive away from Barcelona, famous for its stunning natural beauty, ancient monastery, and the breathtaking views it offers of the surrounding landscape. The mountain range is also home to the iconic Montserrat Basilica, a religious site of great significance to the people of Catalonia.
A day trip to Montserrat from Barcelona is the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature. Whether you’re an avid hiker looking to explore the mountain trails or a history buff interested in visiting the monastery, Montserrat has something to offer everyone.
Why Take a Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
- Convenient Transportation: Enjoy a comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach with roundtrip transportation included in your ticket, so you don’t have to worry about getting there and back.
- Expert Guided Tour: Explore the Montserrat Monastery with an expert bilingual guide who will share their knowledge and insights about the history and culture of the site.
- Perfect Day Trip: With ample time to explore the monastery and surrounding area, a Barcelona to Montserrat day trip is the perfect way to spend a day outside of the city.
- Adventure and Exploration: For those seeking outdoor adventure, Montserrat offers a range of activities from hiking to rock climbing, making it an ideal day trip destination.
All Your Tours Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip Options Explained
Early-Morning Montserrat Mountain Tour with Round-Trip Transport from Barcelona
Duration: 5 hours
- Get admission to the famous Montserrat Monastery and Basilica of Montserrat to know the significance and history of the place.
- Explore the place with an expert English-speaking guide and group members. Meet new people and explore the places with new friends.
- Enjoy the Montserrat day trip from Barcelona in an air-conditioned vehicle. Get access to round-trip transfers from Barcelona to Montserrat.
- Join the tour with an expert guide to know and discover the intriguing facts and history of Montserrat Monastery and Basilica & Black Madonna.
Early-Morning Montserrat Mountain Tour with Round-Trip Transport from Barcelona
Early Access Guided Tour to Montserrat Monastery from Barcelona
Duration: 5 hours
- Discover the beauty of Montserrat Monastery with a guided tour from Barcelona to Montserrat. Admire the Gothic and Renaissance style architecture and its surrounding beauty.
- Enjoy the relaxed and comfortable transfers in an air-conditioned motor coach.
- Learn about the history and culture of Montserrat Monastery and its surroundings from the expert bilingual guide.
- Savor your taste buds with the handmade liquors of the mountain made by the monks of the monastery itself
Early Access Guided Tour to Montserrat Monastery from Barcelona
What is the Best Way to Book Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
Booking your Barcelona to Montserrat day trip tickets online is the ideal way to book a trip to Montserrat. Book your Montserrat day trip tickets in advance to get easy access to the discounts and other additional benefits.
- Great Discounts: The starting range of the Barcelona to Montserrat trip is €50. Purchase your tickets online in advance to get the best-discounted prices and offers.
- Free Cancellations: The online Montserrat day trip from Barcelona tickets offers a free cancellation. If you have any inconvenience or doubt, you can also get in touch with the 24/7 customer service.
- Advance Booking: Booking your Montserrat day tickets in advance can save you from any disappointments like tickets selling out.
- Safety: The online booking of tickets ensures safe transactions.
Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip Highlights
The Black Madonna
The Spanish name of the Black Madonna is La Moreneta, which means “the black little one.” Also known as ‘The Virgin of Montserrat’, the Black Madonna statue sits behind a sheet of glass. The Black Madonna was found back in the eighth century.
Museum of Montserrat
The Montserrat Museum is a large art museum housing six different permanent collections with over 1300 pieces and two temporary exhibitions. Set under St Mary’s Square, the museum features objects and paintings from Mesopotamia, Egypt, Cyprus, and the Holy Land.
Basilica of Montserrat
The Gothic, Renaissance shapes and traditionally Catalan architecture of the Basilica is the primary reason to visit. The Basilica of Montserrat is famous for masses and choral concerts. There are lots of ornate hanging candles donated by Catalan towns and associations. The sculptures of prophets: Ezekial, Jeremiah, Isiah, and Daniel are not to be missed.
Montserrat Hot-Air Balloon Ride
Fulfill your dream of flying over the Pla de Bages to admire the breathtaking views of the Montserrat mountains on a hot-air balloon ride. Take an exclusive flight on a hot air balloon to catch the bird’s eye view of the Pyrenees, Mediterranean, Catalonia, and Montserrat.
Abbey of Montserrat
The Abbey of Montserrat is located inside the basilica. Legends say that the statue of the Virgin Mary and her infant son have healing powers. The first mention of the Abbey dates back to the 9th century, and there are numerous stories about her life. The ancient building was almost demolished by the Napoleonic troops.
Sant Miguel’s Cross
The Sant Miguel’s Cross can be reached after a little thrilling hike as the Cross of Sant Miguel is set on the mountain. The cross is located in Montserrat next to the monastery at the top of the path of San. Get a mesmerizing view of the valley and the Basilica from Sant Miguel’s Cross.
Panoramic views of Catalonia
Admire the views of the forested hills, pristine beaches, and medieval villages from Montserrat mountain. Enjoy the most panoramic and spectacular views of the natural parks, mountains, and spiritual spots in Catalonia.
Montserrat mountain peaks
Montserrat is not only known for being a religious pilgrimage but also for the mighty mountain peaks. A unique mountain range offering views over Catalonia, semi-rounded rock formations, a scenic cable car ride, and short hikes are not to be missed!
All Your Questions About Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip Tickets Answered
Where can I book a Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
You can book Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip online.
Are there discounts available on Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
Yes. You can book Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip online to avail discounts.
What is the best way to buy a Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
Booking your Barcelona to Montserrat Day trip tickets online is the best way.
What is the price of the Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
The Barcelona to Montserrat Day trip price starts from €45.
Is it worth going on a Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip?
Yes. Depending on your package, the Barcelona to Montserrat Day Trip covers the most famous places in Montserrat with transfers and guides.
How long does it take to get to Montserrat from Barcelona?
It takes around one hour to reach Montserrat from Barcelona.
What is the best time to visit Montserrat?
The best time to visit Montserrat is between February and May.
Excursion to the monastery of Montserrat 45€. Group with driver or guide
travel by car
start in the center of Barcelona
meeting time at 09:00 am
Russian speaking driverguide driver and guide
number of people
12345678 More than
Montserrat Monastery Group Tour
An excursion to Montserrat in Spain should be on every traveler’s bucket list. In addition to the stunning mountain nature of the National Park, the main shrine of Catalonia, the Montserrat Monastery, is located here. Thousands of Catholics from all over the world come here every year. Montserrat impresses with its beauty and grandeur. Many tourists agree that this is truly a magical place of power.
Duration 5 hours .
Road to Montserrat from Barcelona
Black Virgin of Montserrat
Virgin Mary and Child in the monastery of Montserrat is highly revered by Catholics from all over the world. Pilgrims believe that the Black Madonna has the great power of healing and the fulfillment of the most cherished desires. In 1881, the Pope proclaimed Madonna the official patroness of Catalonia. There are many legends and incredible stories associated with the statue.
Montserrat Boys Choir
The Montserrat Boys Choir is another reason to visit. The singing lasts only 10 minutes and is accompanied by the sounds of the organ. But what a fabulous and blissful music spills over the soul and heart of everyone who has ever heard the performance! The choir consists of 40 boys aged 9-14. The Escolania Choir is also known for being the oldest in Europe. It was assembled in the 13th century and still keeps the ancient secrets of learning.
Cross Square is located outside the monastery. It was built in 1962 and named after the cross of St. Michael, installed here. Along with the Black Madonna, Archangel Michael is the patron saint of Montserrat. On the cross is an engraving of the meaning of the name Michael in several languages. Cross Square is an observation deck. It offers breathtaking views of the mountain ranges and the enchanting nature of Catalonia.
The cave where, according to legend, the figure of the Black Madonna was found. According to legend, it was created by St. Luke. Saint Peter brought the sculpture of the Virgin Mary to Spain to protect the city from enemies, but it got lost in the forests. Later in 880, the shepherd boys were walking home and saw a glow in the mountains, unusually beautiful music was heard from the rocks. An amazing find was a lost miraculous sculpture.
Russian-speaking driver :
120 € for a group of up to 4 people
150 € for a group of up to 8 people
0 € per group up to 4 people
240 € per group up to 8 people
Guide and driver :
260 € per group up to 3 people
290 € per group up to 7 people
Russian speaking driver :
45 € per person
Driver-guide : 3 0 5 € 60 902
Tour guide and driver :
90 € per 1 person
* Russian-speaking driver picks you up from the hotel and takes you along the route described above, gives you some information. The driver rarely goes with you to visited places. Basically, this type of excursion is designed for free walks and does not imply the study of a large number of dates, facts and events.
** Driver-guide talks about the places and attractions visited during the tour, but a little less detail than the guide, not with so many dates and events.
*** Tour guide and driver : the trip takes place with a guide who follows you around all the places, tells in detail about the sights and events associated with them. The driver is only responsible for driving the vehicle.
- to the guide in cash during the trip
- in advance to company account
The tour price includes:
- services of a guide or Russian-speaking viewer
- travel to places of interest
- toll roads
- wi-fi in the car
We went to Montserrat with children and friends! There were 7 people, everyone got into a small bus. The car is new and comfortable. The guide is a pleasant young man, everything was well told and shown. Well, Montserrat … it makes no sense to say anything about him, you must see him !!! I advise everyone to visit this wonderful place!
Montserrat is one of the most wonderful places I have ever seen!!!! My husband and I really liked it. Dmitry took us from our apartments in the morning at 9-30. We drove for about an hour, on the way he told us about the black maiden, it was interesting … the road passed quickly without being noticed. We parked very close to the monastery and went for a walk. Extraordinary beauty!!! We stood in line to the Virgin of Montserrat … made a wish, as usual! Then we reached the square of the cross to look at the whole complex. The tour was interesting! Thanks a lot guys
Maxim and Anya
We went with a driver, without a guide. There was no money left for a guide))) We also had a great walk. Great place.
* You can also leave your feedback by sending it to our mail [email protected]
9002 30002 94 58 47
Other excursions in Barcelona :
Barcelona and Montserrat in 1 day – individual
driver-guide 250 €
Barcelona and Montserrat in 1 day – group
for 1 person 85 €
Walking tour of Barcelona – Gothic Quarter
per group up to 6 pax 85 €
Sightseeing tour of Barcelona by car
driver-guide 150 €
Group tour to Montserrat
per person 45 €
Individual excursion to Montserrat
driver without guide 120 €
Trip to Port Aventura amusement park
per group up to 4 persons 230 €
Gastronomic tour of Barcelona
per group up to 4 people 85 €
Excursion to medieval Rupit and Besala
Russian driver 245 €
Excursion to ancient Roman Tarragona and Siurana
Russian driver 245 €
Shopping at La Roca Village Outlet
per car 145 €
Excursion to the oyster farms of France
for a group of up to 4 people 350 €
Excursion to the oyster farms of Spain
per group up to 4 people 350 €
Excursion to Carcassonne, France
group up to 4 people 450 €
Barcelona and Girona airport transfers
Tour of Montserrat – Guide Barcelona ТМ
Tour of Montserrat is a great idea for the afflicted to visit a unique place where dreams come true. There are many legends and tales about this mysterious mountain Montserrat. The outlandish bends of the mountain slopes involuntarily attract the eye. Right here at 9th century, a statue of the Virgin of Montserrat was found, which is also called the Black Madonna.
What is remarkable about Montserrat
A monastery was built near this place, which is currently the spiritual symbol of the Catalans. Many pilgrims from all over the world gather in the monastery in order to bow before the Black Madonna, the guardian of Catalonia. In 1940, Himmler visited this place, looking for the holy grail. They say that if you wholeheartedly ask for a cherished desire and touch the sphere in the hand of the Virgin of Montserrat, then it will come true in the coming months.
And if you are not a believer at all, then an excursion to Montserrat — nature of extraordinary beauty, the cleanest air of the mountains, the calmness and serenity of this place will endow you with peace and free you from negative emotions. There is a truly specific energy here, fatigue recedes, there is a desire to walk for hours along the mountain paths around the monastery, being saturated with the unique goodness of Montserrat.
Montserrat means “cut mountains”. It is also the most popular female name in Catalonia.
The monks gave amusing names to many peaks of Montserrat:
- Elephant Trunk
- Bishop’s Belly
- Bernard’s Horse
If you look closely, the silhouettes of all these figures appear on the mountain slopes.
What to see in the monastery
Be sure to visit the basilica of the monastery. You can get into it any day from 7.30 to 20. 00. The foundation stone of the Montserrat Basilica was laid in 1560. The architectural style of the building of the temple refers to the transition between Gothic and Renaissance, the interior of the church is quite electric and is the work of artists of various eras, but Catalan modernism prevails.
Excursions in Barcelona gather, as a rule, there are quite a lot of people, therefore, if you have the opportunity to get here by car, please note that at 6 pm the lines to the Virgin of Montserrat disappear, it becomes possible to go to the temple in full silence and solitude. Until 10 am, the temple will also be at your complete disposal.
A series of services in the basilica of Montserrat are accompanied by the famous Escolanía boys’ choir. This choir is considered one of the oldest singing academies in Europe, and it is famous for the highest quality of presentation of sacred music. There are many excellent hiking trails near the monastery. So come on a tour of Montserrat from Barcelona in comfortable clothes and shoes, and go explore the local landscapes. From the monastery it is possible to take the train even higher into the mountains, and from there go for a walk.
You can find prices and book a tour to Montserrat here: [email protected]
What does the tour to Montserrat from Barcelona include
Together with a professional guide, you will go on an entertaining walk around the monastery, enter the Basilica and you will have the opportunity to see the Virgin of Montserrat, touch her hand, and maybe ask her for something secret.
Details of the excursion to Montserrat from Barcelona
What is included in the price of the tour
The excursion from Barcelona to Montserrat includes:
- organized transfer by comfortable car from your hotel, round trip
- Montserrat full guided tour
- tour of the Monastery
- funicular ride to one of the peaks
Number of people in the group
Minimum of tourists – 2 people, maximum – 10 people.
Departure and return times
Departure times are negotiated individually. The duration of the tour is about 6 hours.
Place of departure
Departure from your hotel.
The cost of the tour
The cost of the tour depends on the number of people.
How to book a tour to Montserrat from Barcelona
Tours can be booked on the popular Tripster website:
For prices and book a tour to Montserrat, you can here: [email protected]
Book an excursion
Your name (required)
Your e-mail (required)
Unique Tours of BarcelonaMontserrat TourDalí Museum TourBarcelona Sightseeing TourBarcelona Group Tour: Gothic Quarter and BornCadaqués Tour: Dali/Cap de CreusBarcelona Night TourGaudi Masterpiece TourSan Miguel del FayTour Besalú and RupitTour of TarragonaOther
Number of people
Don’t forget to buy your tickets in advance when going to Montserrat. You can do this at the link on the official ticket platform.
- How to avoid queues at Barcelona attractions. Tickets for the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell skip the line.