Cruise Wheelchair Rentals | Scootaround
How To Rent a Manual Wheelchair for Your Cruise
Scootaround provides four types of wheelchair rentals for cruises, each of which is chosen specifically for its portability, maneuverability and durability. Below you will find further information on how to select the wheelchair that is best-suited for your next cruise trip.
Renting a wheelchair for your cruise couldn’t be easier. Customers can arrange cruise mobility rentals 24/7 by booking online or calling 1-888-441-7575. Once your equipment has been booked, we will deliver your cruise wheelchair rental directly to your ship cabin, port, hotel or residence – whichever is most convenient for you.
What Kind of Manual Wheelchairs Does Scootaround Rent for Cruises?
Our transport wheelchair is the ideal choice for use on cruises. Their smaller size and exceptional maneuverability make these wheelchairs perfect for the narrow doorways and spaces you often find on cruise ships. This wheelchair is lightweight and strong, making it easy to transport. The wheels are also lightweight, maintenance free, and provide a smooth ride over most surfaces.
Scootaround’s transport chair comes standard with mobility accessories including swing away footrests and padded armrests to provide additional comfort and rear wheel locks to ensure safety. The transport chair also easily folds for convenient storage and transportation. To collapse the chair, simply pull up on the flexible seat and press the armrests together.
Due to their smaller size, the maximum weight for these wheelchairs is up to 250 lbs.
Seat Width: 19″
Accessories Available: Gel Cushion and Elevating Legrests
Additional Information: Transport Wheelchair Guide
Standard manual wheelchairs are a simple and lightweight mobility solution that are ideal in many scenarios. They are highly maneuverable and easily transported. They can also be folded down to fit into your trunk or the closet of your ship cabin. To collapse the chair, simply pull up on the flexible seat and press the arm rests together.
Manual wheelchairs are self-propelled, meaning they require human power in order to move. Depending on user preference and capability, the manual chair can be operated by the rider or by a companion. The outer rims of the large rear wheels are designed to be easily gripped with your hands. They also have adjustable foot rests, which provide a comfortable seating level for most riders. They can also be swiveled up to allow the rider to plant their feet firmly on the ground.
Scootaround offers these wheelchairs with weight capacities of up to 350 lbs.
Seat Width: 20″
Accessories Available: Gel Cushion and Elevating Legrests
Our heavy-duty wheelchair has a wider seat and is designed to handle weights up to 400 lbs.
Seat Width: 22″ or 24″
Accessories Available: Gel Cushion and Elevating Legrests
Cruise Ship Dimensions:
Cabin Size: Average cabins can range from 120 to 220 sq. ft.
Doorways: Average door width can range from 22″ to 27″.
We rent wheelchairs on over 20 cruise lines, including:
Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Cunard Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises and more!
We have wheelchairs available in nearly 50 major cruise ports throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe, including:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York
- Port Canaveral
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Juan
And many more!
Rent a Wheelchair Online
Do they have wheelchairs on cruise ships?
Many cruise ships have wheelchairs available for loan or rental onboard. Alternatively, you can bring your own wheelchair, powerchair, and other mobility device onboard most ships. Another option is to rent a wheelchair or other device from Scootaround and have it delivered directly to your stateroom.
Can you take a wheelchair on a cruise?
Yes, you can take your wheelchair on most cruises. The majority of cruise ships have accessible public areas, large corridors, special wheelchair seating, automatic doors, accessible staterooms and accessible public restrooms.
Can you rent a wheelchair on a cruise?
It’s easy to rent a wheelchair for your cruise. Call Scootaround at 1-888-441-7575 or book online. Once your equipment has been ordered, we deliver your cruise wheelchair rental directly to your ship cabin, port, hotel, or residence – whichever is most convenient for you.
How much is wheelchair rental on a cruise ship?
A cruise ship wheelchair rental typically costs anywhere from $75 to $125 for a 7-day rental. The cost to rent a wheelchair varies from port to port. Scootaround also provides multi-day discounts, so the longer you rent, the more you save!
|Wheelchair Type, Cruise Port||Rate*|
Standard Wheelchair, Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Standard Wheelchair, Port Canaveral
Standard Wheelchair, Galveston
Standard Wheelchair, Seattle
Standard Wheelchair, New York/Bayonne
*All costs based on a 7-day rental
Can you rent a wheelchair on Carnival?
Carnival cruises do not provide wheelchair rentals for guests. Scootaround is the preferred wheelchair rental provider for Carnival cruise line and has unique access to deliver your wheelchair rental onboard Carnivals ships in North America.
Can you rent a wheelchair on Norwegian?
Norwegian Cruise Line has a limited supply of wheelchairs onboard. In order to accommodate guests, Norwegian Cruise Line wheelchairs are reserved exclusively for embarkation and disembarkation situations. The limited supply of wheelchairs onboard are available for emergency rental arrangements and are provided on a first come, first served basis.
If you will require regular use of a wheelchair, you can rent one with Scootaround. Scootaround is the exclusive wheelchair rental provider for Norwegian Cruise Line, Regent Seven Sea Cruises, and Oceania Cruises, and has unique access to deliver your rental equipment onboard their ships.
Does Carnival Cruise rent wheelchairs?
Carnival Cruise Line is partnered with Scootaround to provide wheelchair rentals for their passengers. Call Scootaround toll-free at 1-888-441-7575 or go online to rent a scooter, wheelchair, powerchair, rollator, WHILL Model Ci, oxygen, or other medical equipment for a Carnival cruise.
Which cruise line is best for handicapped?
While cruise accessibility can vary from ship to ship, the following cruise lines have made efforts to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations:
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Royal Caribbean International
- Princess Cruises
- Holland America Line
- Celebrity Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
- MSC Cruises
- Oceania Cruises
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Cunard Line
- Azamara Club Cruises
- Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
- Windstar Cruises
- American Cruise Lines
- P&O Cruises
- Costa Cruises
- Crystal Cruises
- Pearl Seas Cruises
- Viking Cruises
- Fathom Impact Travel
- Silversea Cruises
- Saga Cruises
- Seabourn Cruises
Are Carnival Cruises handicap accessible?
Carnival Cruise ships have three types of staterooms on their handicap accessible cruises: fully accessible cabins for guests with limited or no mobility and who regularly use a wheelchair; modified cabins for guests with limited mobility who use a wheelchair when traveling longer distances; and standard cabins.
Most Carnival ships have 20 or more accessible staterooms. These staterooms are designed specifically for guests who need to use a wheelchair, scooter, or other mobility devices, providing more turning room and clear floor spaces. Accessible bathrooms with grab bars and shower seats are also available.
Can I purchase a wheelchair for my cruise instead?
Yes. If your mobility needs extend beyond your travels, it may be wise to invest in a wheelchair for everyday use. Scootaround sells wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs in our online store. Browse online or give us a call at 1-844-664-7467 if you have any questions.
Cruise Rental Equipment | Scootaround
Cruise Rental Equipment | Scootaround
Scootaround provides a wide range of cruise mobility rentals and accessibility solutions, including scooters, wheelchairs, powerchairs, and oxygen concentrators. We are proud to serve over 20 cruise lines at nearly 50 major ports throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Renting mobility equipment for your cruise couldn’t be easier. Customers can arrange rentals 24/7 by booking online or calling 1-888-441-7575. Once your rental has been booked, Scootaround will deliver your cruise mobility equipment directly to your ship cabin, port, hotel, or residence – whichever is most convenient for you.
Select a product from the list below to learn more about renting from Scootaround on your next cruise vacation.
Mobility scooters are perfect for the person who wants to get around freely and easily while traveling.
Manual wheelchairs are a simple, lightweight and highly maneuverable mobility solution that are ideal in many scenarios.
Powerchairs have a tight turning radius and offer excellent maneuverability in narrow indoor spaces.
Rollator and Knee Walker Rentals
Rollators and walkers provide balance and stability for those who require assistance when walking.
We offer several portable oxygen concentrator models for rent on cruise ships. Valid medical prescription required.
Medical Equipment Rentals
Scootaround maintains a large inventory of guest comfort items, including recliners, hospital beds and more.
Rent a variety of accessories for your mobility device, including leg rests, cushions and cane holders.
Scootaround provides mobility equipment rental services for all major cruise lines.
Scootaround’ network of locations and affiliates allows us to service most major Cruise Ports worldwide with top quality equipment.
Rent a scooter, wheelchair, powerchair, rollator, oxygen concentrator, medical equipment and more online.
Get a Quote
You can receive an equipment rental quote by filling out this simple form.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to receive information about Scootaround’s latest promos, popular destinations, upcoming events, blog posts, and more!
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
What do you want to drive?
Select your preferred mobility device type.
Where do you plan to use it?
Select all that apply.
What weight range applies?
Choose from the selection below.
Up to 250 lbs
Up to 300 lbs
Up to 350 lbs
350 lbs +
Nevatrip – Boat trips and excursions around St. Petersburg
Nevatrip – the official site for buying tickets for walks along the Neva and other interesting excursions. We choose the best boat trips along the Neva and share them with you. Our prices for boat trips are more attractive than at the pier and even on other sites.
Why are we cool?
- Quick help for any question. If you don’t know which walk to choose, from which pier the ship departs, or if you have a question about a ticket, you can call us at 8 812 244-98-24 or write to [email protected], and our managers will be happy to help you.
- Convenient online purchase. We offer to reduce the purchase time to a couple of clicks – just choose water walks along the Neva, click the “Select date” button, pay online, and you will have a ticket by e-mail.
- Open time walks. Many day trips do not require a fixed time. It is enough to choose a date and board the ship that suits you best in time.
- Various promotions and discounts. We offer discounts and promotional codes for the purchase of tickets for the ship on the Neva in St. Petersburg. In this case, the price of tickets will be even lower.
- The largest selection of walks and entertainment in St. Petersburg on the water. In addition to walking around St. Petersburg, we offer boat trips from St. Petersburg to Kronstadt, Peterhof, Oreshek and Valaam. We also teach yachting, offer to rent a unique house on the water or go on a multi-day cruise.
- Offers for different seasons. Let’s open a secret: motor ships on the Neva run from April to October. But in winter there is also something to captivate yourself with!
Which river and canal tours do we offer?
River and canal day trips
- Individual river and canal trips on the Blueberry boat – individual river and canal trips always leave the warmest memories, because they provide an opportunity to get to know the city in a chamber atmosphere and spend time alone with close ones.
- Cruise along the rivers and canals of central St. Petersburg is a classic boat trip along the rivers and canals where you will see the main sights of the center of St. Petersburg from the water.
- A walk along the canals of St. Petersburg “Northern Venice” – an excursion with the most popular route through the city center. A cozy single-deck motor ship will slowly pass along the Fontanka and Moika rivers and introduce you to the main panoramas of St. Petersburg on the Neva.
- Excursion along the Griboyedov Canal (Ekaterininsky Canal) — a walk along a unique route with a stop at the Griboyedov Canal, where you can enjoy the Savior on Spilled Blood, the Singer House and the Kazan Cathedral from the water.
- Promotion – excursion under the bridges on a double-deck motor ship – a classic boat trip and a must-have for all guests of St. Petersburg who want to see the drawing of 4 bridges from the best angle.
- Private bridge draw trip on the Blueberry boat is an option for those who want to organize a romantic date, celebrate an important date or spend time in a unique atmosphere and comfortable environment, as well as enjoy the views of night rivers and canals and, of course, drawbridges.
- Promotion – an excursion under the bridges on a single-deck motor ship – a walk along the night rivers and canals through the historical center of St. Petersburg and the construction of the Palace and Trinity bridges before your eyes.
- A boat trip under the bridges with a bus tour is an option for those who want to arrange the most extensive and useful meeting with St. Petersburg and learn almost everything about this city in one night.
- Peter and Paul Fortress: night tour and bridges on the ship – the most unusual tour of historical St. Petersburg. First, you will find yourself on the streets of the Peter and Paul Fortress, closed from other people, and then, right from the heart of the city, you will go to watch the drawing of bridges on a cozy single-deck motor ship with a guide.
On a boat with a restaurant
- Musical boat “Night Petersburg” — a romantic cruise on a two-deck restaurant boat. The program of the evening includes a welcome glass of champagne, a musical performance by a professional pianist and, of course, the main show of summer St. Petersburg – the lifting of the Palace, Trinity, Liteiny and Bolsheokhtinsky bridges.
- A night cruise with a saxophone is a no less romantic cruise on another restaurant boat with an absolutely gorgeous open deck that offers one of the best views of the drawbridges.
- Ryapushka Musical Cruise – a more relaxed boat trip with a good bar and a guitarist set the tone for the evening. The ship will pass the classic route along the Neva and from the water will show the opening of 4 main bridges.
Meteors to the suburbs
- Meteor to Peterhof is the fastest and most interesting way to be in Peterhof and return with a wealth of impressions back to St. Petersburg. In just 35 minutes, the transfer will take you from the city center to the pier right in the park, from where it is easy to start exploring the main suburb of the Northern capital.
- Meteor in Kronstadt to the Island of Forts — an hour and a half drive along a picturesque route past the modern panorama of the city and unique forts right to the center of Kronstadt and the modern park “Island of Forts”.
- Excursion on a meteor to Strelna — a trip to the modern residence of the head of state with a transfer around the Gulf of Finland in both directions and a full-fledged excursion from a local guide through the Konstantinovsky Palace and Park.
- Excursion to Oreshek on a meteor — a trip for connoisseurs of the city or Petersburgers, which will introduce you to an important place in the history of St. Petersburg in Lake Ladoga.
Renting a boat, yacht or motor ship for individual walks and events
- Renting a boat in St. Petersburg is an option for a intimate walk around St. Petersburg with loved ones or celebrating some event in a narrow circle. Depending on your desires, we will select a suitable route along the rivers and canals of St. Petersburg, choose a boat for you and, if necessary, offer additional services in the form of a mobile buffet, guide or transfer.
- Yacht charter is a more luxurious option for family outings, incendiary parties and events.
- Renting a sailing yacht is an option for those who love sails and the vastness of the Gulf of Finland. A sailing yacht is great for a summer picnic in an unusual format, a sports trip with learning the basics of yachting and a unique event.
- Renting a motor ship is the most classic and versatile water transport in St. Petersburg, which is suitable for almost any leisure: from organizing an ordinary walk with colleagues and conducting excursions along the rivers and canals in an individual format to celebrating a graduation or birthday in a real St. Petersburg style.
Everything that we have listed above is only a part of interesting ways to fall in love with St. Petersburg from the water. On the website of our service you can find literally all formats of water walks and entertainment in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region. For example, with us you can fully learn yachting, go on a river cruise in Russia or spend a few days in a unique house on the water. So we advise you to study all sections of our website in as much detail as possible and find what you like and help you get to know St. Petersburg in a special way.
How to buy tickets for boats on rivers and canals?
It is convenient to buy tickets for the ship through our website. You choose the date and time of the trip on a pleasure boat and pay online – after booking, the ticket will be sent to your email. You can print it out or show it electronically. The price of a walk along the rivers and canals in this case is more profitable than on the pier.
You can see the schedule of each ship by clicking the “Select date” button – all possible options for the selected date will be automatically shown there.