Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona, La Liga: Team News, Preview, Lineups, Score Prediction
Competition/Round: 2022-23 La Liga, Matchday 31
Barcelona Outs & Doubts: Sergio Busquets, Andreas Christensen, Ousmane Dembélé, Sergi Roberto (out)
Rayo Outs & Doubts: Radamel Falcao, Santi Comesaña (out)
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 10pm CET (Barcelona), 9pm BST/WAT (UK & Nigeria), 4pm ET, 1pm PT (USA), 1.30am IST (India, Thursday)
Venue: Campo de Fútbol de Vallecas, Madrid, Spain
Referee: Jesús Gil Manzano
VAR: José Luis González González
How to watch on TV: ESPN Deportes (USA), TSN 3 (Canada), Viaplay Sports 1 (UK), SuperSport (Nigeria), Sports18 (India), Not Available (Spain), others
How to watch online: ESPN+ (USA), LaLigaTV (UK), DAZN (Spain), others
Following a hard-fought, crucial win over Atlético Madrid at the weekend, Barcelona return to action on Wednesday with a trip to the Spanish capital for a La Liga clash against Rayo Vallecano at the Campo de Fútbol de Vallecas.
Barça come into this one after a much-needed victory and, more importantly, an excellent performance against a very good team that tested them and gave them a real scare in the end. Finishing was a problem, but the chance creation and quality of team play was encouraging after weeks of terrible attacking football and apathetic performances.
The return of Frenkie De Jong and Pedri from injury helped improve the level of play, and the team will be very close to full strength when Andreas Christensen and Ousmane Dembélé return at the weekend. Barça are healthy again and could clinch the title with time to spare if they continue to play well, finish their chances and get more wins on the board.
And thanks to Real Madrid’s loss to Tati Castellanos and Girona on Tuesday, the Blaugrana can increase their lead at the top of the table to 14 points with seven matches to go, effectively ending the title race and starting the countdown to the official celebration of their first league trophy in four years.
But getting all three points against Wednesday’s opponents is no easy feat. Casual viewers of La Liga might look at Rayo’s position in the table and the fact they’ve won only one of their last 10 in the league and think this should be easy work for the should-be champs. But it’s anything but that: Rayo have been Barça’s bogey side for years, and always play really well against the Catalans with a gameplan based on intensity, high pressing and courageous attacking play.
Their recent run of form has virtually eliminated them from European contention after looking like a lock for the Europa League places less than two months ago, but a run of bad luck and injuries has derailed what should have been a great season for one of the most underrated teams in the Top 5 leagues. They are legitimately good, and always bring their A-game when facing Barça.
But they are missing two key pieces in defensive midfield anchor Santi Comesaña and striker Radamel Falcão, and Comesaña’s absence is especially important given how well he’s played against the likes of Pedri and De Jong in past meetings.
Barça are favorites, no question, but they can’t take this Rayo team for granted. It’ll be a real battle, but a win will pretty much seal the deal when it comes to the title race. If we also see a great performance from the team, then this will pretty much be a dream couple of days.
Barcelona (4-3-3): Ter Stegen; Kounde, Araujo, Eric, Balde; Gavi, De Jong, Pedri; Raphinha, Lewandowski, Ferran
Rayo (4-2-3-1): Dimitrievski; Balliu, Lejeune, Catena, García; Valentín, Ciss; Isi, Trejo, Álvaro; Camello
Rayo is always a brutal test, but this is the best time to face them without two key players and in the middle of a bad run of form. They will be intense and tough, but Barça have more than enough to get the win: 2-0 to the good guys.
Preview: Rayo Vallecano vs. Barcelona – prediction, team news, lineups
Sports Mole previews Wednesday’s La Liga clash between Rayo Vallecano and Barcelona, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.
La Liga leaders Barcelona will be looking to extend their unbeaten top-flight run to eight matches when they travel to the Estadio de Vallecano to face Rayo Vallecano on Wednesday night.
The visitors, meanwhile, are seeking to return to winning ways as they bid to stay in the mix to secure a place in Europe for next season.
After ending an eight-game winless run with a 2-1 home victory over Osasuna, Rayo Vallecano suffered their 10th La Liga defeat of the season at the hands of Real Sociedad last weekend, losing 2-1 in San Sebastian.
Los Franjirrojos opened the scoring courtesy of a 57th-minute strike from Isi Palazon, but Sociedad restored parity just two minutes later through Alexander Sorloth before an own goal from Florian Lejeune nine minutes from time completed the comeback for the hosts.
Andoni Iraola‘s side were challenging for a top-six finish earlier this year, and while hopes of European qualification remain alive, their slump in form over the last few months has seen them slip to nine in the La Liga table, seven points behind Villarreal in sixth place.
Nevertheless, Rayo are still on course to improve on last season’s 12th-placed finish and either match or better their highest-ever La Liga position of eighth place achieved in the 2012-13 campaign, with just one point separating them from Osasuna in eighth.
Los Franjirrojos will be optimistic of coming away with a positive result on Wednesday as they are unbeaten in their last three meetings with Barcelona, with back-to-back 1-0 triumphs last season followed by a goalless draw at Camp Nou back in August.
Barcelona ended a three-game losing run without scoring in all competitions when they secured a slender 1-0 home victory over Atletico Madrid last weekend.
Ferran Torres scored his first goal at Camp Nou since October and the only goal of the game on the stroke of half time to help the Catalan giants claim their 24th La Liga win of the campaign – their highest top-flight win tally after 30 games since 2015-16.
Barca currently sit 11 points clear of reigning champions Real Madrid in second place and they are guaranteed to lift the La Liga title if they come out on top in five of their final eight games of the season.
Xavi‘s side have only lost two league games all season but both of those took place on the road, with a 3-1 El Clasico defeat to Real Madrid in October followed by a shock 1-0 loss to Almeria in February.
Barcelona’s chances of success will be boosted if Robert Lewandowski can find his scoring boots; the Polish striker has found the net just twice in his last eight games across all competitions, drawing a blank in each of his last four outings, and both goals during this run were scored in the 4-0 away win over basement club Elche at the beginning of this month.
Rayo Vallecano La Liga form:
Barcelona La Liga form:
Barcelona form (all competitions):
Rayo Vallecano forward Radamel Falcao, who has scored four goals in six previous meetings with Barcelona, is ruled out with a muscle injury, while Santi Comesana will serve a one-match ban after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season last time out.
However, centre-back Alejandro Catena and winger Alvaro Garcia are both available for selection after serving one-game suspensions, and the duo are set to return to the first XI at the expense of Abdul Mumin and Andres Martin respectively.
Raul de Tomas was handed just his fourth league start of the campaign last weekend, but the striker could be replaced in the starting lineup by Sergio Camello.
As for Barcelona, Ousmane Dembele, Sergi Roberto (both hamstring) and Andreas Christensen (calf) all remain sidelined with injuries, while Sergio Busquets will serve a one-match suspension due to an accumulation of yellow cards.
The absence of Busquets could see Franck Kessie recalled to the starting lineup to operate in the pivot role, with Frenkie De Jong, Gavi and Pedri also battling for a start in centre-midfield.
Pedri will also compete with Torres and Ansu Fati for a place on the left flank, while Lewandowski is expected to continue in attack despite his poor run of form in front of goal.
Rayo Vallecano possible starting lineup:
Dimitrievski; Balliu, Lejeune, Catena, F. Garcia; Ciss, Valentin; Palazon, Trejo, A. Garcia; Camello
Barcelona possible starting lineup:
Ter Stegen; Kounde, Araujo, Alonso, Balde; Gavi, Kessie, De Jong; Raphinha, Lewandowski, Torres
We say: Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona
There has been little to separate the two teams in recent meetings, with Rayo Vallecano coming away as the happier side in each of the last three encounters, and they will be confident of causing another upset on Wednesday in front of their home supporters.
However, with champions-elect Barca keen to get the job done at the summit, we expect Xavi’s men to edge a closely-fought contest in the Spanish capital.
For data analysis of the most likely results, scorelines and more for this match please click here.
Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting under 3.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Under 3.5:data
ID:512243:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect14988:
Previews by email
Click here to get Sports Mole‘s daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!
Live broadcast of Rayo Vallecano – Barcelona watch La Liga match today April 26, what time is the live broadcast of the match Rayo Vallecano – Barcelona
Barcelona will play away with Rayo Vallecano in the 31st round of La Liga.
Sports.ru will conduct online text broadcast of the match. The beginning is at 23:00 Moscow time.
Okko will show the game live.
Rayo Vallecano – Barcelona
- April 26, 23.00, Campo de Vallecas
- Rayo Vallecano –
Dimitrievski, Baliu, Lejeune, Catena, Fran Garcia, Palason, Garcia, Unai Lopez, Oscar Valentin, Trejo, Camello.
- Barcelona –
ter Stegen, Kunde, Alonso, Araujo, Balde, de Jong, Pedri, Gavi, Rafinha, Ferran Torres, Lewandowski.
La Liga standings
La Liga statistics
👀 Where did the top RPL players start? Remember the careers of our stars in the game about Russian football
- Live Inter vs Juventus. Mkhitaryan and Di Maria play. Live stream 22
- Live Manchester City – Arsenal. Holland and Zinchenko play. Online broadcast 59 TopNews”> Live England Championship. Man City vs Arsenal, Chelsea take on Brentford, Liverpool away to West Ham 153
- Live Coppa Italia. 1/2 finals. Inter plays with Juventus 49
- Fakel’s general director about refereeing: “There is one thing at the seminars, the interpretation is different, and the ESC has a third opinion – this is bewildering. Appeals to the commission are meaningless, they do not bring points”
- Deputy Revenko about Fan ID: “The stadiums have become calmer, the audience is balanced. Restrictions on beer were introduced because of the pogroms in 2003, but the reality has changed” 16
- Barça will issue a contract termination clause in case the player fails to register 13 TopNews”> Dybala on Mourinho: “He has gone down in football history. Jose is very sincere, he prepares well for matches. Almost everything he says then happens on the field” 1
- Semak about Zenit: “The most successful season in terms of results and quality of play to date. We keep the level, we do the maximum of what we can ” 21
- Emiliano Martinez: “In Europe, a child is given a game console, and in Argentina, a ball and a Messi T-shirt. Football is everywhere» 17
My team news
Choose your favorite team
Choose your sportFootballHockeyBasketballBiathlonBoxing/MMAFormula 1Tennis
LATEST NEWS I
- Live West Ham – Liverpool “. 1:1 – Gakpo scored. Live stream 1
- Live Chelsea – Brentford. Gallagher, Sterling, Enzo play. Live stream 16
- Live Atlético Madrid – Mallorca. 2:1 – Morata scored. Live stream 3
- Pochettino is negotiating with Chelsea without an agent. This will allow the club to save on commissions 7
- Gavi is the best player under 20 according to CIES, Bellingham is 2nd, Balde, Andrik and Mukoko are in the top 10 34
- Video of CSKA to Lebedev: “Come visit again, T-shirt with number 1.1 is already waiting. We’ll listen to your advice on how to improve navigation at VEB Arena 15 TopNews”> Advertising Rubin will celebrate its anniversary with a home game. Support the team in the match against SKA-Khabarovsk!
- Ten Hag on playing against Kane: “We have a plan. He is a smart player, he can have a big impact on the game.”0050 7
- Lagerbeck on Haaland: “We’ll talk about the level of Messi, Ronaldo and Pele if he continues to play like this” 12
- Bayern want to sign Kovacic. Chelsea are ready to let the midfielder go in the summer I will not convince you to resume your career for another season. Gareth congratulated the actor on Wrexham’s promotion to the 4th division of England0050 5
- Kempes on PSG fans whistling at Messi: “It hurts them that the best player in the world plays for their team differently than in Qatar” 4 TopNews”> Lukaku games , Camavinga and Paqueta made the FIFA 23 Team of the Week
- Sergey Semak: “The drive at Zenit doesn’t stop. Ambitions to try yourself in another league? Today, no.” 111
- PFA head on salary cap: “Players will be outraged. Limiting the income of the creators of a “product” that benefits others is not a solution to the problem” 6
- Live Spanish Championship. Barcelona visiting Rayo, Atletico playing with Mallorca 228
- Spartak fans, in protest against Fan ID, bought tickets for the match with the Loko youth team so that sector formed a swastika 167 TopNews”> The Juve fan stand will not be closed due to racism against Lukaku. Prosecutor’s report received late due to problems sending letter with file 26
- Mostovoy about the playoffs in the RPL: “Another stupidity. What’s stopping you from doing 20 teams?” 14
- ESC revealed 3 errors by referee Galimov: gave a penalty to Paris NN, Krylya – didn’t give it, didn’t send off Alexandrova 39
- Adams – Arsenal » before « City: Don’t lose. I would love nothing more than to see a boring draw 0:0” 15
- In Israel, the Polish striker raised his right hand from his chest, celebrating a goal. Klimala from Hapoel said it was not a Nazi gesture 124
- Advertisement Watch Man City vs Arsenal for free! The hosts are clear favorites 5
- Futsal. Russian championship. 1/4 finals. Second matches. Norilsk Nickel beat Tyumen, KPRF beat New Generation and other matches 2
- Barcelona could sell Rafinha to Arsenal, Newcastle or Tottenham to sign Messi 43
- at 17:00 3
- Kuznetsov about 2Drots in RPL: “Wild card is funny. We are not special and must follow all the rules” 4
- Giner about Fan ID: “I got it, but I don’t understand why coaches need a fan ID. Just wondering. Akinfeev – a fan? 23
- Ex-Real Madrid player Balboa to Vinicius: “Stay away from the noise. Focus on football, your talent will take you wherever you want” 22
- Matthäus on the best player in the world: “Holand – statistically. He can get the Ballon d’Or if he wins the Champions League and scores important goals like Benzema.” Sponsors make up for lost ticket revenue 3
- Piers Morgan: “If City are ‘the best team in the world’ why are Arsenal 5 points ahead of them at the top of the Premier League?” 72
- Atlético president on plucking the Spanish flag with the club emblem at the match against Barça: “A real shame. This is unworthy” 12
- State Duma Vice Speaker from the Liberal Democratic Party proposed to sell 2-3 servings of beer via Fan ID: “You can ban trading in family stands, in fan zones – allow” 47
- Slutsky became Genich’s consultant in the Match TV team. Konstantin trains her after Grigoryan’s departure 14
- Castellanos, who scored 4 goals against Real Madrid: “Messi is a god for Argentines and the best player in the world” 41
- Di ball about the celebration with the “mask” : “His story began in the Colosseum. I watched Gladiator about 20 times” 27
- Leicester defender Seyuncu signed a contract with Atlético until 2027 and will join free in the summer (Fabrizio Romano) 26 TopNews”>
News from users
All user news
Yes, City won’t give up 9000 3
No, Arsenal will survive
“Javi goes over the keys.” Preview of the match against Rayo Vallecano
Hernandez presents us his vision of the upcoming lightning match
25 April 2023, 23:59
Source: El Periodico
“Rayo Vallecano” became the executioner of Ronald Koeman. The defeat (1:0) at Vallecas sentenced the Dutch coach. And Xavi has not yet defeated Madrid in any of the two confrontations already played. It’s a challenge, almost a private matter, where he faces Andoni Iraola, his colleague who beat him 1-0 last year and drew 0-0 at the start of the current season.
A triumph over the “bees” would have acquired special value after a resounding defeat of “Real” in Girona (4:2), disarmed by the unstoppable Tati Castellanos, who designed poker. If Barça win at Vallecas, they will have 14 points clear of Creamy and 21 points in reserve until the end of the championship. This will be a decisive step towards the title. But Xavi knows it’s not easy to win on the small field in Madrid.
“Rayo are the rock, the most intense and hardest team in the best sense of the word, in La Liga,” said the Blaugrana coach at a press conference, not yet knowing what gift Girona would give him .
Pep Morata / MD
survival in La Liga. Xavi knows about Vallecas firsthand. Nothing new. He has already told the newcomers of the team what awaits them. The coach foresees that it will be difficult to keep the ball for a long time and that the team is unlikely to be able to play the way they want. “We have to be practical,” the coach explains.
“It’s a small field, smaller than usual, so the distances are shorter and there will be long passes from goal to goal. If you hesitate with the ball, two or three players will immediately put pressure on you, ”explained Xavi. Vallecas measures 100x65m and Camp Nou measures 105x68m. ov
Barça travel to Madrid in a more relaxed mood after beating Atlético Madrid and regaining an 11-point advantage over Real Madrid, which could be increased by another 3 points. Javi insists that one must remain vigilant. And in terms of mathematics, and in terms of playing with Rayo. He took it as a compliment that Carlo Ancelotti, before the failure at Montilivi, did not agree that the 11-point lead over the Blue Garnets corresponded to the difference in the quality of football between the two teams. “If we win La Liga, we will be the best, not just the best again,” Xavi said after stressing that Barça had already mathematically qualified for the Champions League, with eight rounds to go in La Liga.
“I remember where we came from,” said the coach, referring to the team’s difficulties in the previous campaign and his experiences as a coach. Last year, Xavi came to the Blaugrana when she had already lost her real chances for the championship, and she managed to book a place in the top 4 only three rounds before the end of the competition. “You need to compare it with this period, and not with the one when we won doublets and trebles.”
Disqualifications and injuries
Sergio Busquets misses the fight due to the bust of yellow cards and in midfield his functions will probably be taken over by Frenkie de Jong and / or Eric Garcia. Canteranos Chadi Riad and Marc Casado are again called up to the team, and Lamine Yamal gets a second chance to become the youngest debutant in the history of the club.